My dance coach told me Thursday he wants me to test my Cha Cha Congelado on August 20, which is close enough to my 2-year hippiversary for me to use it as a way to celebrate that event (pass or fail, doesn't matter, it's just the act of getting back out there that's important).
But wait, there's more.
We are playing musical clubs here and my club has now been told to leave the ice surface they have served for 40 years or so which is where I want to test since I practice there and the rink is large enough for the CCC (there's no way to do it in a mall rink and fit it in). Another club is moving in to that rink. The test schedule is all messed up and even the test chair of the other club doesn't know about the alleged test on the 20th at that club's new rink, which my coach seems to know about.
I wanted to let the test chair know I'm testing in advance so he could get an international-level judging panel -- not easy under the best of circumstances -- and with it being summer, and people taking vacations, and dates/rinks changing, and with one of those judges (me) skating the test and therefore totally unavailable, it's not likely this is really going to happen.
This is what happened with all of my gold and some of my pre-gold dances, BTW. I signed up for the test and it was months before a judging panel was found that didn't contain me. It occurs to me I may just have to go out of town, with coach in tow, to actually take this test anywhere close to my two-year hippiversary.
But I'm training as if it's going to happen and we'll just have to wait and see.