Monday, July 18, 2011

Randy Gardner Seminar

I like to name drop as much as anyone else, so I can't help mentioning that I attended a seminar by 1979 World Pair Champion, world-reknowned choreographer, and all around nice guy Randy Gardner along with my ice dancing peeps on Sunday.

There were 8 of us in the "high" dance group (including some kids) and I was a bit apprehensive about attending because I don't consider myself a high-level dancer any more. But I surprised myself by keeping up. I tried all of the sequences and was able to do many of them and I wasn't way behind the rest of the group. In fact, sometimes I was ahead.

It's nice to know that I can keep up. A year ago it would not have been possible, even on two feet. It gives me confidence that I'll survive the High Dance Camp as well.

1 comment:

Carl said...

Nice! I'm going to say your whole return to ice dance has impressed me!! Now you're my hero!!
I was hoping to attend the High Dance Camp.... but I don't know... if I happen to just show up that weekend, will they turn away a "man"? Even a man with "money"?
It would be good to know... lol