Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hip in the desert

I felt great about our hike at Joshua Tree, where I scuttled up, down and around the boulders for a couple of easy miles with no hip pain.




At the end of the day, I was feeling ... well, fabulous.


The next day I dropped in at the Desert Ice Castle. It's a new facility and geared for public sessions and elite training. I skated the crowded public session. The rink ambiance is zero to none (no windows, just a metal shell really with few amenities). The temperature was warm and the ice was a bit melty but after all, this is the desert. I am happy that there is now something fun for me to do during our annual vacation when the rest of the fam is playing golf.

1 comment:

George A said...

Terrie-fic! (pardon the pun); glad you're once again living large. Hope the skating is also improving leaps and bounds.