Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Motivation

I skated by myself today because Tim is sick. I have found the perfect piece of music to use for solo interpretive. It is sad, yet hopeful, reflecting my mood of late.

I have been toying with this music for some time now, doing a bit of choreography each time I skate by myself. I'm to the point where I feel it would really convey the emotions I'm feeling, and I'm tempted to enter the interpretive event at Nationals in April. But I know that it's going to take every bit of my mental and physical energy and focus to compete in the gold dance event with Tim, and that's my first priority.

I've gone back and forth in my mind - "compete in interpretive" ... "don't compete in interpretive" - and with the deadline for entries being next week, it's forced a decision. As much as I want to do it, I am not going to enter the event. I think I'll save this music and this choreography to do after I've had both of my surgeries and recovered.

I realize that for various reasons, it may never happen. But it does give me something to plan for and perhaps will provide some post-surgerical motivation when I'm hating my physical therapist and rebelling against another lap in the pool.

We'll all have to be patient, but if all goes as planned I'll debut the progam in April of 2011. Please mark your calendars.

No comments: