Monday, December 14, 2009

Swimmingly ...

Went to the pool today and "walked" in the deep end for 20 whole minutes. I feel like I actually did something other than sit on my butt for the first time since surgery. No need to let Dr. Mayo know that I went in the pool so early since he wants me to wait until 6 weeks. For crying out loud, people in the UK get in the pool the day after surgery!

I love Dr. Mayo and think he is a great surgeon, but ... but ... well, I am not going to hurt myself in the pool. My incision is healed and it's easy to get in and out of the therapy pool without putting any weight on my leg. I'm barely moving once I'm in there. And damn it, it feels good to be in the water! So there.

(Oh yeah, now that I've done this PAO thing twice I think I know more than my surgeon ...)

No comments: