Thursday, March 11, 2010

Adventures in Yoga

I suck at post-PAO yoga as previously mentioned on this blog. But there are a few things I can do. Revenge of the anteverted: today our instructor had us try Crane Pose



Note - this is not me!

for the first time, and I was able to do it. Nobody else could do it, despite all their fancy shmancy open-hipped abilities. Nyah nyah nyah.

(I know, I am missing the entire point of yoga class but it sure felt good to finally be able to do something!)

I held the pose for a full 10 seconds and then ... thunk ... fell forward right onto my forehead which made a loud noise on the wooden floor. I didn't care at the time as I was just so proud of doing the pose. I have certainly learned to be sure my head is over the mat before doing crane pose in the future.

Just to prove it wasn't a fluke, I did the pose again when I got home. Nobody is home to take a photo of this amazing event but eventually I'll replace the stock photo.

2 comments:

ojulius said...

Awesome! I still can't do that pose. :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know how to even TRY to do that pose! I am impressed...